Australians are living longer, healthier lives than ever before.
For a growing number of people, it’s quite realistic to expect to spend 30 or more years as a retiree, making retirement planning one of the most important priorities of financial planning.
Typically, we think of retirement planning as being for the over 40s or 50s, but compulsory employer superannuation contributions mean most working Australians have a retirement plan.
It’s just that many don’t know it.
With the power of compound interest, funds invested in our 20s can grow enormously by the time we are ready to retire.
Decisions made right at the start make a big difference to our future nest eggs. In other words, retirement planning is for everyone.
Many people are put off retirement planning by the complexities and frequent changes that apply to our superannuation and tax systems. However, this complexity creates opportunities that can significantly boost our future wealth.
The key to unlocking those opportunities is good advice.
The value of expertise
LDB’s financial planners and accountants are experts in the design and ongoing management of retirement plans.
Our in-depth knowledge of all aspects of this important area of wealth creation includes:
- Matching clients to the appropriate type of superannuation fund, including self-managed super funds (SMSFs)
- Establishment and ongoing administration of SMSFs
- Aiding in the selection of the most suitable investments, whatever type of fund you are in
- Making the most of co-contribution and spouse contribution rules
- Designing strategies around concessional and non-concessional contributions, including salary sacrifice contributions
- Managing catch-up concessional contributions and tax deductible contributions
- Establishing transition to retirement income streams
- Considering the estate planning aspects of superannuation and taxation of death benefits
- Navigating capital gains tax (CGT) exemptions for small businesses.
Much as our advisers thrive on these rather dry, technical aspects of retirement planning, their main interest is in helping you identify what will be most important to you in retirement.
It’s more likely your measure of a good retirement will involve family and friends, or travel and new experiences, rather than a dollar value.
Nonetheless, these important things in life can be more easily enjoyed knowing that the financial side of your retirement plan is in good hands and designed with your needs in mind.
What’s the state of your retirement plan? Does it need a tune up to get it working hard for you?
If so, call LDB on (03) 9875 2900 or fill in the contact form below, and let’s get the ball rolling.
LDB Wealth Solutions Pty Ltd is an Authorised Representative (no. 257930) of LDB Financial Group Pty Ltd ABN 83 161 933 777
Australian Financial Services Licensee: Licence Number 437164
LDB Superannuation Services Pty Ltd is an Authorised Representative (no: 1253818) of LDB Financial Group Pty Ltd ABN 83 161 933 777